The following sign types shall be considered temporary and allowed except where prohibited.
Rummage Sale – Signs promoting rummage sales, lawn sales, garage sales provided:
(i) sign is no more than 5 square feet
(ii) sign is erected for no longer than 5 days
(iii) sign is removed within 24 hrs of end of sale
(iv) sign is not located on City right of way
SIGNS PROHIBITED IN ALL DISTRICTS
1. Roof signs
3. Pole signs
4. Signs resembling traffic signs or signals or that otherwise interfere with traffic
5. Signs with obscene messages.
6. Signs erected or attached by nailing, fastening or affixing the sign in any manner to trees, shrubs, posts, utility poles, natural features, official street signs, or traffic control signs.
7. Signs which, in the judgment of the Building Inspector, pose a traffic danger by virtue of flashing, blinking or animation.
8. Revolving, rotating or otherwise moving signs.
9. Signs that are attached to a vehicle and which are located in the public way, obstruct the driver’s vision or pose a traffic danger.
SIGNS IN PUBLIC RIGHT OF WAY
No sign shall be erected on lands owned by the City of South Milwaukee or in the public right of way without approval of the Common Council, except as otherwise allowed herein.