June – July: Library Summer Reading Program see www.smlibrary.org
July 4th Celebration 2018 – Activities start at 10 a.m.
Grant Park Picnic Area – #5
★ Call to colors and National Anthem
★ Kiddie Parade • Costume • Judging • Kids’ Races
★ 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Mayor’s Picnic Enjoy a complimentary hot dog, popcorn, water, Cracker Jack and ice cream.
★ 1 p.m. – High School Cappella Concert by Delta V and the Pop Rockets
★ 2 p.m. MIAW Outdoor Wrestling
★ Bouncy houses until 4 p.m.
★ Fireworks show at 9:30 p.m.
Back Again in 2018 Milwaukee County Traveling Beer Garden
July 23 – 29, 2018 Heritage Week! More information here.
- Monday, July 23: South Milwaukee Police Department DARE Golf Outing.
- Tuesday, July 24: St. Luke’s United Church of Christ Ice Cream Social.
- Wednesday, July 25: Fire Department Spaghetti Dinner.
- Thursday, July 26: Evening on the Avenue. 4-10 p.m., Milwaukee Avenue. See Heritage Days. South Milwaukee Downtown Market (extended hours) 3-8 p.m.
- July 27 – 20: South Milwaukee Lionsfest. Food, music, games, carnival rides and more! Car Cruise on Friday, Family Day on Sunday. See http://www.smlions.org/
- Saturday, July 28: Heritage Day Parade. 11 a.m.
- Saturday, July 28: Friends of the Mill Pond and Oak Creek Watercourse Duck Race. 2 p.m.
- Saturday, September 15: Grant Park Beach Walk. 5-9 p.m.
- Sunday, September 23: “Integrated Forest Gardening” 10 a.m.-noon. Meet at Sixth and Milwaukee Avenues.
- Thursday, September 27:
- Homecoming Parade, 6 p.m. 15th and Maple, north on 15th to Oak Creek Parkway.
- Community Pep Rally and Bonfire. 6:45 p.m.. High school baseball stadium.
- Friday, September 28: Homecoming football game. 7 p.m. Cudahy vs. South Milwaukee
- Saturday, September 29: Fire & Police safety Days. 11 a.m.-1:30 p.m. South Milwaukee McDonald’s
- Thursday, October 4: South Milwaukee Downtown Market Fall Family Festival. 3 p.m.
- Saturday, October 6: Rocketoberfest. 6:30 p.m. Annual South Milwaukee Football Boosters beer tasting at Pat’s Oak Manor. Tickets available at Pat’s Oak Manor.
- Friday, October 12: Femmes of Rock. 7:30 p.m. South Milwaukee PAC
- Saturday, October 13: Friends of the Mill Pond and Oak Creek Watercourse Fall Cleanup. 8 a.m.-noon. Meet in the high school parking lot.
- Sunday, October 14: Friends of Grant Park Trek ‘n Treat. 1- 4 p.m. Registration of $2/participant at Area 5.
- Thursday, October 25:
- Halloween Ladies Night at C3 Designs. 4-7 p.m.
- South Milwaukee Library Halloween Party 6-7:30 p.m.
- Halloween Trivia at Morans’ Pub. 7:30-10:30 p.m.
- Friday, October 26:
- Tales & Tombstones. 6 p.m.
- Zombie House. 5:00 p.m.-8:30 p.m. Milwaukee Gourmet House
- Peter Yarrow and Noel Paul Stookey of Peter, Paul & Mary. 7:30 p.m. South Milwaukee PAC.
- Saturday, October 27:
- South Milwaukee Little League Kickball and Costume Contest. Noon.
- Trunk or Treat free community event at St. Mark’s Episcopal Church. 2-4 p.m.
- Downtown Trick-or-Treating. 2-5 p.m.
- Zombie House. 2-7 p.m. Milwaukee Gourmet House
- Halloween Party at Moran’s Pub. 7 p.m.-2 a.m.
- Bruce Cockburn, “Bone on Bone” 8 p.m. South Milwaukee PAC
- Wednesday, October 31:
- Citywide Halloween Trick-or-Treating. 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- Halloween Irish music session at Moran’s Pub. 6:30-9:30 pm..
- 3-6 p.m. City Hall activities – food, crafts, movies, and visits with Santa, followed by the city tree lighting ceremony.
- 6 p.m. Lighted Christmas Parade, presented by South Milwaukee Lions. 15th Avenue near City Hall.
Saturday, December 1: South Milwaukee Christmas Market. 9 a.m. – 2 p.m. South Milwaukee High School.