HEALTH RESOURCES & INFORMATION
NEWBORN & PARENTING RESOURCES
WEIGHTS AND MEASURES
DATA AND REPORTS
Health Services, Information, & Referral
Community Nursing Services Health Information, monitoring, and assessment by a Public Health Nurse is available in the home by request or referral for South Milwaukee residents of all ages. Health information may also be requested over the telephone or by office appointment.
Examples of some of the types of Home Visits provided by the Public Health Nurses include:
- Well Baby visits to High risk infants and mothers
- Home Safety Assessments for children and families, and elderly
- Growth and Development assessment using Ages and Stages Developmental Screening Assessments for children 3 months to 6 years
- Elderly home visits for wellness checks
- Environmental/hoarding visits in coordination with other City Departments
- Visits for follow up on all client referrals from clients themselves, other City Departments such as the Police and Fire Departments, schools, hospitals, and physician offices.
School Community Involvement The Public Health Nurses provide service to the schools in the community through consultation on general health concerns with students, for parents, and to school staff. The Public Health Nurses provide immunization audits of all records; school based immunization clinics as needed, coordinate vision screening and refer children in need of follow-up. The Public Health Nurses provide health education on topics that include nutrition, effects of tobacco use, growth and development and hygiene, and provide hearing screening on request.
***Please consider donating unused, unexpired medications, syringes and medication equipment to REPAIRERS of THE BREACH Clinic, 1335 W. Vliet Street, Milwaukee, WI 414-342-1065. If the clinic is not able to use items, they are donated to a medical mission. Call the Health Department if you need more information.***
Well Woman Program The Health Department registers women for the Wisconsin Well Woman Program. This program offers breast and cervical health screenings including a mammogram, for women who are age and income eligible.
Are you concerned about someone with a substance abuse or mental health problem?? Do you have a substance abuse or mental health problem and want or need help?? Find a treatment facility…
Click Here for more information
Every year STDs cost the U.S. healthcare system $17 billion— and cost individuals even more in immediate and long-term health consequences, including infertility. 20 million NEW cases of STDs occur EVERY year! Get yourself tested…
For more information go to: www.gytnow.org