- Community wide clean up from 9:00 a.m. to Noon, with a lunch to follow for all volunteers at the Grobschmidt Senior Center. Sign up and pick up supplies at the following locations: South Milwaukee City Hall 2424 15th Avenue, 16th and Rawson Avenues, Oak Creek Parkway and North Chicago, and at the South Milwaukee Fire Department.
- Shredding from 9:00 a.m. to Noon. To be held in the City Hall Parking Lot located at 2424 15th Avenue. Sponsored by the South Milwaukee Lions Club
- Electronics Recycling from 9:00 a.m. to Noon. Sponsored by CASBRO Recycling
Recycling of Electronics. Any electronic item with a plug! (EXCEPT TV’s or old CRT monitors. These will NOT be accepted at City Hall.)
TV’s and CRT Monitors can be disposed of at the Self Deposit Station, 1106 Blake Ave.
($2 Daily fee will be waived only on April 29 for TV drop off) $15 disposal fee does apply for EACH CRT monitor or “Tube” television.
Proceeds from Electronics recycling will be used to purchase trees.
- Take Back Day Prescription sponsored by the South Milwaukee Police Department
(controlled and non-controlled) and over-the-counter medications, ointments, patches, non-aerosol sprays, inhalers, creams, vials and pet medications will be accepted. People are asked to remove the medication from its container and dispose of it directly into a disposal box or into a clear sealable plastic bag.
- Sharps (needles, syringes) Container Collection for disposal – The South Milwaukee Health Department will be collecting sharps , the usual fee is waived.Tetanus vaccinations- The South Milwaukee Health Department will offer Tdap (Tetanus, Diphtheria, acellular Pertussis) vaccinations, free of charge for adults.
- Eyeglass Recycling (used) Donate glasses and change someone’s life. Sponsored by the South Milwaukee Lions Club
- American FlagCollection– Retired our flag with the respect and gravity that it is entitled.
- Printer Cartridges and Cell Phones– Donate Your Empty Ink Jet & Laser Printer Cartridges and Used Cell Phones.
- Free flower seeds bookmarks. Sponsored by Educators Credit Union.
June 14 – Flag Day Ceremony, outside the Grobschmidt Senior Center. The ceremony starts at 6 p.m. at the gazebo.
It will feature a flag retirement ceremony featuring local veterans and scouts, music from the South Milwaukee Municipal Band, and refreshments.
July 4th Celebration 2017 – Activities start at 10 a.m.
Grant Park Picnic Area – #5
★ Call to colors and National Anthem
★ Bike and costume parade and judging
★ Kids’ races
★ 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Mayor’s Picnic Enjoy a complimentary hot dog, popcorn, water, Cracker Jack and ice cream.
★ Music throughout the afternoon
★ Milwaukee County Traveling Beer Garden – open all day
★ 1 – 2:30 p.m. – High School vocal music with Delta V and the PopRockets
★ 3 – 5 p.m. Moonlighter’s Orchestra
★ Bouncy houses until 4 p.m.
★ 7 p.m. South Milwaukee Municipal Band concert
★ Enhanced fireworks show at 9:30 p.m.
July 24 – 30, 2017 Heritage Week! More information here.
South Milwaukee Farmers Market (Extended Hours) 3:00 – 8:00 p.m. 11th & Milwaukee Avenue