June – July: Library Summer Reading Program see www.smlibrary.org
July 4th Celebration 2018 – Activities start at 10 a.m.
Grant Park Picnic Area – #5
★ Call to colors and National Anthem
★ Kiddie Parade • Costume • Judging • Kids’ Races
★ 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Mayor’s Picnic Enjoy a complimentary hot dog, popcorn, water, Cracker Jack and ice cream.
★ 1 p.m. – High School Cappella Concert by Delta V and the Pop Rockets
★ 2 p.m. MIAW Outdoor Wrestling
★ Bouncy houses until 4 p.m.
★ Fireworks show at 9:30 p.m.
Back Again in 2018 Milwaukee County Traveling Beer Garden
July 23 – 29, 2018 Heritage Week! More information here.
- Monday, July 23: South Milwaukee Police Department DARE Golf Outing.
- Tuesday, July 24: St. Luke’s United Church of Christ Ice Cream Social.
- Wednesday, July 25: Fire Department Spaghetti Dinner.
- Thursday, July 26: Evening on the Avenue. 4-10 p.m., Milwaukee Avenue. See Heritage Days. South Milwaukee Downtown Market (extended hours) 3-8 p.m.
- July 27 – 20: South Milwaukee Lionsfest. Food, music, games, carnival rides and more! Car Cruise on Friday, Family Day on Sunday. See http://www.smlions.org/
- Saturday, July 28: Heritage Day Parade. 11 a.m.
- Saturday, July 28: Friends of the Mill Pond and Oak Creek Watercourse Duck Race. 2 p.m.
- 3-6 p.m. City Hall activities – food, crafts, movies, and visits with Santa, followed by the city tree lighting ceremony.
- 6 p.m. Lighted Christmas Parade, presented by South Milwaukee Lions. 15th Avenue near City Hall.
Saturday, December 1: South Milwaukee Christmas Market. 9 a.m. – 2 p.m. South Milwaukee High School.