- Community wide clean up from 9:00 a.m. to Noon, with a hot dog lunch to follow for all volunteers at the Grobschmidt Senior Center. Sign up and pick up supplies at the following locations: South Milwaukee City Hall 2424 15th Avenue, 16th and Rawson Avenues, Oak Creek Parkway and North Chicago, and at the South Milwaukee Fire Department.
- Shredding from 9:00 a.m. to Noon. To be held in the City Hall Parking Lot located at 2424 15th Avenue. There will be a fee of $1.00 per bag/box.sponsored South Milwaukee Lions Club
- Electronics Recycling from 9:00 a.m. to Noon.
Recycling of Electronics. Any electronic item with a plug! (EXCEPT TV’s or old CRT monitors. These will NOT be accepted at City Hall.)
TV’s and CRT Monitors can be disposed of at the Self Deposit Station, 1106 Blake Ave.
($2 Daily fee + $15 disposal fee for EACH CRT monitor or “Tube” television)
Proceeds from Electronics recycling will be used to purchase trees.
- Take Back Day Prescription sponsored by the South Milwaukee Police Department
(controlled and non-controlled) and over-the-counter medications, ointments, patches, non-aerosol sprays, inhalers, creams, vials and pet medications will be accepted. People are asked to remove the medication from its container and dispose of it directly into a disposal box or into a clear sealable plastic bag.
- Eyeglass Recycling (used) Donate glasses and change someone’s life. sponsored South Milwaukee Lions Club
- American Flag Collection – retired our flag with the respect and gravity that it is entitled.
July 4th Celebration. Our July 4th celebration at Grant Park will be bigger and better than ever in 2016!
Returning this year: the Mayor’s Picnic (free hot dog lunch for all attendees) sponsored by Max A. Sass & Sons Funeral and Cremation Services and bouncy houses sponsored by TASC Services.
4th of July Celebration – Grant Park at the Brown Pavilion, areas 5 & 6:
10:00 a.m. Call to Colors, 10:10 a.m. Kids Bicycles & Coaster Decoration Parade,11:00 a.m. Kids Races, Games & Penny Scramble,11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. Mayor’s Picnic (free hot dog lunch, as well as Cracker Jack and ice cream for all attendees), and new this year at 7 p.m. Navy Band Great Lakes Brass Ambassadors and Fair Winds quintets perform followed by a wonderful Fireworks display at 9:30 p.m.!
For more information, view the Mayor’s blog post here.
July 24 – 30, 2017 Heritage Week! More information here.
South Milwaukee Farmers Market (Extended Hours) 3:00 – 8:00 p.m. 11th & Milwaukee Avenue